Game Night 3D

Morgan Drake, Head Blogger

As the year rounds out, the Saber Cybers tech club of Legacy High School has had a good year. We’ve made the process for getting chromebooks repaired quite streamlined, we’ve assisted in Legacy trying to reach out to the community, and overall, we’ve grown together. What better way to send off this new community of ours than to have one last Game Night.

Game Night 3D was a blast. It was Tech Club exclusive, so sorry if you wanted to come, but it was great fun. Games started to be played about halfway through setup, and we had a great time during it. The night opened with us all trying to figure out how the projector screen worked, and I eventually had to ask Aaron Preabt, one of the school leaders in tech club, how it was done. You can see his response in the attached photos, if you think you’d like to mess with the projector in the auditorium, too. We got the WiiU set up on the main screen, and then we moved to the back, setting up projectors and consoles on tables. I stayed in front most of the time, challenging my foes to combat in Smash Brothers, but I heard Dalton Bruce in the back behind the stage ripping and dunking on noobs in Guitar Hero, providing me with awesome theme music. Jacob Langerud played Minecraft pretty much the entire time, which is typical of him. Josh Troutman showed up with his tower, and he gave Jonathan Mutch a run for his money in Rocket League. Mutch brought his PlayStation, which go some good use, and Tyler Edwards brought a Nintendo 64, and I challenged him to beat every boss in Kirby and the Crystal Shards.

After a bit, pizza was bought and eaten, there was much rejoicing. It was a pretty standard Game Night, and it made me think about EVERY game night. It was an idea brought about by vocal members of tech club like Jacob Langerud and, of course, Tyler Edwards, and it sort of blossomed into this very easy idea, something we can plan and execute within the same week, with very little fuss. I hope we have more next year, maybe one per quarter, and I hope to see all of you students there, too!