Chicago, Chicago

Back to Article
Back to Article

Chicago, Chicago

Bridget Burns, Writer

As the horde of kids pile onto the bus,  the excitement on their faces multiplys. Their trip to Chicago is all they’ve been able to talk about for months, and now it’s finally here!

Sunday, June 7, Legacy choir kids are heading to Chicago for a 7-day trip full of activity and fun.  Music teacher Michael Seil will be guiding the fun! Sophomores Katie Kraft and Tearah Roll couldn’t be more thrilled.

“We have all worked so hard to go on the trip and I am so excited for the memories we will make,” Kraft said.

While in Chicago they’ll be performing at the field museum the planetarium and possibly at a Cubs game.

“It’s a big thing on our list, hopefully we will find out soon,” Seil said.

They will also be attending vocal workshops with one of the top college directors in Chicago.

“I’m most excited for the vocal workshops,” Roll said.

The trip be anything but dull with such a jam packed to-do list. They plan to take tours, see the Blue Man Group, watch a Cubs game, go to Six Flags, visit the aquarium, the Navy pier and the Chicago 360.

“We’re doing all of the things you have to do while in Chicago, like taking a tour of the city to see all the architecture and relive those gangster stories,” Seil said. “Chicago has such a great underbelly history.”

On the musical side, they’ll be seeing the musical “On Your Feet,” and they will attend a blues festival.

“Our trip has a really nice combination of things you have to do while in Chicago, and then fun things,” Seil said.

The trip will be a great experience for all of the kids and possibly bring them closer together.

“I’m most excited to get the kids together for the first time,” Seil said. “With our weird schedules they’ve never sung together.”