LHS Today staff pick for 2014-2015 Teacher of the Year

Back to Article
Back to Article

Brayden Zenker, Writer

He walks through the doors. The doors that allow him to open up, allows him to be himself. He sees the smiling face of his teacher. His teacher who has taught him it’s okay to be the person you are, it’s okay, because there is no one else you should be. She is the teacher who everyone looks up to. The teacher people can tell anything to.

Global studies teacher Kristine Montgomery has been awarded the LHS Today staff pick for Teacher of the Year for her amazing teaching and impeccable skill with students. She was shown amazing passion for teaching and working with students. 

Sophomore John Simmons had Montgomery as a Global Studies teacher the year before. The way she taught helped him retain information. She was one of his favorite teachers and still is.

“You could talk to her about anything,” Simmons said.

AIDE Brittany Christenson who works closely with Montgomery has been a friend and colleague for four years. Christenson greatly admires her teaching skills and the way she treats her students.

“She is very loyal and cares greatly about her students,” Christenson said.

Finally, Legacy High School principal Tom Schmidt has know Montgomery for 20 years. Montgomery student taught during his first years teaching at Bismarck High School.

“The first quality you look for in teachers is their ability to care for their students and she does that tremendously.”  

Again, congratulations to Montgomery for winning the LHS Today staff pick for Teacher of the Year.