Track update – April 11 meet

Beau Brannan and Thomas Tieszen compete in the 800 meter race at the track meet April 11.

Carter Scott, Writer

Legacy’s track team competed in a varsity-only meet for the first time this outdoor season April 10. Both girls and boys had many successes in many different events. The girls finished seventh, scoring 25 points. The boys also impressed with a fourth place finish behind the Demons, the Patriots and the Magicians.

The girls had great individual performances from many athletes.  Mercedes Baumgartner ran to a sixth place finish in the 200 meter dash, freshman Grace Nemecek finished sixth in the 800 meter run, Tchina Nygaard earned top 6 finishes in both the 100 and 300 meter hurdles and Markel Gross finished sixth in the triple jump. Legacy girls also had a 4×400 meter relay that placed third.

Legacy boys made a name for themselves at the varsity level with Tyler Boone finishing eighth in the 100 meter  dash, and Alex Brosseau, who false-started in his 100 meter dash, but made up for it with a seventh place finish in the 200 meter. Alex Anderson finished twelfth in the 400 meter dash while dropping two seconds off his former best time. Beau Brannan ran a state qualifying time in the 800 meter run, while simultaneously shattering the school record and nearly breaking the meet record. Jason Fetch finished seventh in the 300 meter hurdles, Austin Wolf placed fifth in the high jump and Brandon Lewis  finished fifth in the triple jump. The boys also had some great relays, the most outstanding of which was the 4×400 meter relay that finished first and was the first  relay in school history to qualify for state by time. All in all, the boys scored 40 points and all had a great day.